Thursday, May 12, 2011

I Dream of a Day

I DREAM OF A DAY

I fell asleep tonight with a heart full of pain,  my mind filled with wonderment, so much passing thru the portals of my brain. How God? I asked Him before I dozed off, How? Then in to my night He visited me as I slept. Careful not to wake me, so gently He crept. He stood in the darkness and stared at His child as she lay tossing and turning in so much pain, so wild. Fighting the demons that did not want her alive. But like a mother bear defending her cub, God stepped into her darkness, He came to her rescue. “Flee from her” He spake to the demons,” this is My child, I know her by name, This is my child, she has My blood, this is My child, I chose her when no one would, go, get out of her room, leave her alone, I am God, I am on the scene, to the pits of hell now, return, you all know what I mean. Then after the evil exited, He bent over His child who now lay with such stillness, no battling, no struggling, no signs of demonic illness. Then with the strength of only The God that created her, He wrapped her, swaddled her in her blanket, like He Himself once was while lying in a manger. Up from her bed he lifted her so gently, careful not to wake her, He just wanted to hold His child close to His breast, He wanted to give her rest. So He took her and rocked her in the cradle of His arms, whispering so gently into heart, “Daddy’s here now, I told you I’d never depart.” As He rocked His child, she herself now safe from alarm, dreamed of a land where children danced, stallions pranced, the air was pure, and brightness filled the land. She dreamed of a day when she could see herself running thru the wildflowers, jumping, leaping, feeling so right.

She dreamed of a day when Auntie was there waiting on her to arrive thru the gate, loving her whether on time or late. She dreamed of ice sickles so cold yet so gentle, of taffy and apple cake, this place was no mistake. She dreamed she was free from hurt,  harm, and care, she wasn’t afraid because God was there, He lived in her day. She dreamed of a place where she held hands with her friends, they danced on clover, they laughed with such glee. They ran thru the water that lived in the brooks, they were free. She dreamed of a day when no darkness came nigh, she dreamed she was with her Father on High. Oh what a difference the dreams were as she lay nestled in Her fathers care. He walked with her across the meadows in her dreams, He danced with her, skipped with her down Glory Road, holding hands together she felt so secure, because her Everlasting Father was there, in the day that she dreamed of. He placed her back in her bed to continue sleeping, He loved her so much, He was God but when he heard her weeping, He came Himself to dry her tears, He came Himself, He was there all of her years. He loves this child of His and kissed her gently before leaving her to dream, once again whispering to her reminding her  of the day when she will live in a land free, never will she have to return to a world so wicked, so cruel and so cold,   He reminded her of the land prepared for her with so much richness untold. I dream of a day when my dream becomes reality, but until then I must learn to fight the good fight of faith, trust in God, and remember that God loves me. I must wake now and face the day. When it becomes unbearable I dream of a day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Aretha O.Scott 01-09-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment