Thursday, May 12, 2011

Motherhood

MOTHERHOOD

By: Aretha Scott 3-26-09

WOW!-You have been chosen by God to become a mother


WHETHER-By natural conception or by social acceptance

WELCOME-To the world of motherhood

WHERE-Is the instruction manual, you may ask.  Where do you find information as to what to do with this thing called a child, you may wonder?

WHAT-Was God thinking when he chose me to become a mother

WHO-Really knows the right way to do this or who knows when it’s wrong? Who will help me rear this child to become healthy and strong?

WHICH-Paths do I choose for this bundle before me? Which direction do I set the compass for? Which paths will reap Godly rewards? Which paths will bring destruction for my child and sin? Which paths are Gods’ and which are men’s?

WHEN-Will I began to be fulfilled? When do I feel satisfied regarding the sacrifices I make for this child? When, when, when? So many when’s, I get overwhelmed to the point of feeling wild

WHY-Am I afraid to go forth in this assignment with cheer? Maybe it’s because I’ve listened too much to others project fear. Why do I want to turn and run away? Maybe it’s because I’m trusting flesh for answers, my ear a-tuned to only what people say

WE’VE-All been there, mothers alike, trying to figure out how to do a good job of rearing our offspring, completing the assignment God gave us with these kids, to be the best, like God is

WHAT-If I mess up? I may falter along the way. What if I don’t want to continue on, what if I want to quit?

WHERE-Is the “return items here line”?  Where do I go? Where do I leave all of these responsibilities? I certainly cannot risk the showing of my own personal fallacies

WAIT!-God speaks to me. Before you make one move, before you think that you know how to decide, I, the Lord your God am here. I have never left you.  I’m holding you, leading you. I will be your guide. Don’t throw in the towel.  I know it’s tough for you. Your frustration lies within the fact that you forgot to consult with me in all that you do. I created you and I’ve created this child. I have the hairs on both of your heads numbered.  I know both of your down settings and uprisings.  I know from whence you came and from whence you will go, I am God and you must know that your answers to motherhood are written in my Book, seek me and you will find me. I am your answer for every situation.  I, the Lord God of all creation called motherhood into existence. I was the first.  If you need help, if you need direction, if you are confused by your assignment, talk to me, trust me, and confide in me, I am here for you. I feel what you feel.  I know your joys as well as your sorrows. Remember, I am the God that not only created yesterday, and today, I hold both of your tomorrows. Fight the good fight of motherhood. Keep your faith in me. Don’t measure your successes and failures by what mere mortals say. Seek me, and you will find that my Word is true, I love you and I am in your corner always. And for every victory, for every joyous season, for every heartache, for every in-decision, for every battle won, for every battle lost, for all in securities experienced, for it all, I am proud of you because you have chosen to walk in my image, and you have chosen to walk in my will saith the Lord.

Love always, God

No comments:

Post a Comment